Through its three scholarship programs, the Elks National Foundation awards more than $3.74 million a year in college scholarships. Click the link below to access the Legacy Awards application.
- Any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2011, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2011, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2014. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only. Click here to start a 2014 Legacy Awards application online.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student qualifies for more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- Applicants must take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) by December 31, 2013.