Oregon Seed Council Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Selection preference will be given to applicants who:
- Come from a farm background with a specific participation in seed production, technology or science.
- Have been employed by a farm which has an emphasis on seed production.
- Have been employed by a business that has an active seed dealer license under ORS 633.
- Will be enrolled in at least the first year of college; having at least one year remaining towards a degree at the time the scholarship is received. Seniors will be considered if they plan to pursue a graduate degree.
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States, permanent residents of Oregon, and have or will graduate from an Oregon high school or equivalent.
- Applications for scholarship must include responses to a questionnaire, an essay of less than 500 words describing why the student deserves the scholarship, and three letters of reference.
- Prior years’ scholarship recipients are eligible to receive an award. Application from a prior winner must include information on progress toward degree.
Click this link for more information and the scholarship application: OSC_Scholarship_Application March1