|BBB Foundation will award one $1,500 scholarship and one $1,000 scholarship in each state: Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington. Encourage high school seniors who personify high ethics-as demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity and academic accomplishments-to apply.
To qualify, students must:
* Attend accredited high schools in Alaska, Oregon or Western Washington;
* Graduate in 2014 with plans to attend accredited higher education institutions;
* Complete applications and submit essay responses;
* And, meet the academic requirements, with GPAs of 3.5 or higher.
* As a young consumer, how do you view Better Business Bureau’s role in the marketplace? What can BBB do to position itself as a resource for young consumers?
* Discuss the way(s) social media influences ethics in the marketplace. How are businesses and consumers impacted?
BBB Foundation’s selection committee will evaluate applications with the following criteria: Academic: 30%, Essay 30%, Leadership 20%, Community Service 20%.
Postmark deadline is March 1, 2014.