The first thing you should know is that everybody wins at Pacesetters. If you participate in the entire event, you are guaranteed between $2,000 and $5,000 in annual Pacesetters scholarships in addition to previously awarded merit scholarships. Our two highest scoring Pacesetters competitors will receive a full-tuition scholarship for all four years.
- Writing – Students have 50 minutes to write an essay in response to quote or prompt, or to write a creative piece based on an image or idea. This exam is written and proctored by faculty from the English Department.
- Individual Problem Solving – Students have 50 minutes to solve problems based on logic and math. Calculators are not permitted and students are expected to show their work. This exam is written and proctored by faculty from Chemistry, Political Science, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics and Biology.
- A minimum $8,000 scholarship ($2,000 annually) to every student who attends the competition
- As much as $20,000 ($5,000 annually) based on exam scores
- A full-tuition scholarship to the two highest-scoring Pacesetters competitors
- Parents and students will learn more about Pacific while interacting with faculty about specific academic programs, connecting with current students, enjoying lunch, and having financial aid and student services questions answered.
- Participants traveling over 300 miles may have up to $350 of the student’s airfare reimbursed if they attend one of these days and enroll at Pacific. The Office of Admissions will provide details with your reservation information.
To Qualify for this Event You Must…
- Be a high school senior with an academically strong profile
- Apply, be admitted to Pacific and RSVP for the event by January 24th, 2014. To RSVP go to: http://www.pacificu.edu/pacesetters/details.cfm
- Be available to participate the entire event day
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at 800-677-6712 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at this fantastic scholarship event!