In 2014, 32 $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school students who plan to attend a higher-education institution within the next year. Scholarship winners will be selected based on school and community involvement, scholastic performance, educational goals, and financial needs.
Applicants must be:
- A son or daughter of a current Northwest FCS customer; or
- A current Northwest FCS customer (for non-traditional students); or
- A son or daughter of an employee of a current Northwest FCS customer (the name of the current customer must be on the application in order to be considered
- Be a 2014 high school graduate; and
- Plan to attend any higher-education institution within the next year.
- Academic Achievement – Measured by grades and transcripts. (5 points)
- Leadership – Measured by positions held in student government, civic, and church groups. (10 points)
- Extracurricular Activities – Measured by participation in sports, school, and community organizations as well as work experience. (10 points)
- Essay – Measured by content and message. See Essay Instructions. (25 points)