What does it take to become an AXA Achiever?
Our scholarship winners are known as AXA Achievers. They are ethnically and economically diverse, but they share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family and community
- Ability to succeed in college
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the AXA Achievement Scholarship in association with U S News & World Report must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2015-2016 academic year.
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Special consideration will be given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health and/or emergency-preparedness
Eligible students are encouraged to apply for both the Achievement and Community scholarships, but a student may receive only one of these AXA-sponsored scholarships.
When to apply
- Applications are currently being accepted
- The application deadline is December 15, 2014. Only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted; we encourage you to apply early.
- 2015 winners will be announced in Spring 2015.
How to apply