What are the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards?
The NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards are non-renewable scholarships created to recognize young people who have demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and initiative. The
scholarships are valued between $1,000 and $10,000. The NFIB Young Entrepreneur
program was established to raise awareness among the nation’s youth of the critical
role that private enterprise and entrepreneurship play in the building of America.
What are the details of the award?
- The NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards are $1,000.
- Three NFIB National Young Entrepreneur Awards will be issued for $5,000.
- One NFIB Dan Danner Leadership Award will be issued for $15,000.
- One NFIB Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award will be issued for $15,000.
- All awards must be used in the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The scholarships can be applied to tuition and fees required by your postsecondary school.
- Funds must be used for full-time enrollment at accredited, nonprofit two or four-year colleges, universities, vocational or technical schools in the United States.
Who is eligible to receive the awards?
NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards are open to any graduating
high school senior who owns and operates his/her own small business. Additionally, the student must enter their freshman year at an accredited two- or four-year university, college or vocational/technical institute during the Fall 2015. Children of NFIB members are eligible to win awards.
How do students apply for the Young Entrepreneur Awards?
Students are encouraged to apply online at http://www.nfib.com/foundations/yef/yef-programs/young-entrepreneur-awards/ beginning October 1, 2014, and may apply until December 18, 2014.