Who is eligible?
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholars candidates must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- demonstrate financial need as determined by Scholarship Management Services;
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be high school seniors attending high school in the United States, or any of the U.S. territories and commonwealths and graduating in winter 2014 or spring 2015. Applicants living on a U.S. Armed Forces base and attending high school outside the U.S. are eligible. Home-schooled students who are graduating in winter 2014 or spring 2015 are also eligible.
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2015-2016 academic year.
How do I apply?
Before beginning the application process please read the following guidelines and instructions. Print this information and keep on file for reference of program procedures and important dates.
Only online applications via the application website will be accepted. You, the student, are responsible for gathering and submitting all required information. This is a competitive program. Your application is evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all applicable questions as completely as possible. Read and follow the instructions provided for each section of the online application. Do not mail any documents to GE, The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation or Scholarship Management Services before being invited to do so as a semifinalist. Materials submitted in hard copy prior to the semifinalist stage will not be considered and will be discarded.
Before registering, you may wish to gather the following information needed to submit your application:
- Parent or alternate contact’s telephone number and email address
- Most recent transcript of grades
- Extracurricular and volunteer activities
- Work experience
- Short statement of your educational and career objectives
- Ideas on your leadership experience for the essay
- Names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses of your high school principal, guidance counselor, and one other person at your school, in your community or at your workplace who can speak to your qualifications. These three individuals may be contacted by the Foundation to support and verify your application information. You must certify you have secured one of the three to be your nominator if needed at a later stage in the process.
- Financial information from your parents’ most recently filed tax return
To Apply: https://www.scholarsapply.org/ge-reagan/