Step 1 – Eligibility • To qualify, students must:
- Attend an accredited high school in Alaska, Oregon or Western Washington (eligible counties are specified in the criteria);
- Graduate in 2015 with plans to attend an accredited higher education institution;
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher; and
- Group applications may have no more than three students.
- Employees of Better Business Bureau, as well as the immediate family, are not eligible.
Step 2 – Create • Create a 90-second video explaining how BBB helps people become smart consumers. Focus on one of the following areas:
- Identity theft and fraud
- Online marketplace scams
- Phony online reviews
- Charity scams
BBB Foundation’s selection committee and panel of third-party judges will evaluate applications using the following criteria: Representation of Better Business Bureau’s Brand—25%; effort and creativity—25%; content—25%; and total website views—25%.
Step 3 – Apply • Submit application materials online before January 30, 2015, including:
- Students of Integrity online application.
- URL to your video—upload your video submission to YouTube and include the link in your application.
The deadline for applications is January 30, 2015. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. The top 15 finalists will be announced on February 16, 2015, and their videos will be posted on BBB’s YouTube channel for public viewing. Applicant names and schools may be released to the public and/or news media for promotional purposes.
The winner(s) will receive a $10,000 scholarship; travel expenses for one person to Portland, Oregon; hotel accommodations for two nights; and two tickets to the March 28 Portland Trailblazer game at the Moda Center. If a group application is selected as the winning entry, the scholarship will be divided evenly among the number of applicants; only one person will be provided travel expenses and only one hotel room will be provided.
For more details go to: go.bbb.org/akorww-scholarship
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.