To be eligible for Horatio Alger National and State Scholarship Programs, applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the US, progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2016 with plans to enter a college in the US no later than the fall following graduation.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the US (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required).
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a United States citizen.
A student from Monroe High School received this scholarship last year!