The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program selects 1,000 talented students each year to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice.
To be eligible for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program students must:
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American;
- Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or earned a GED;
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria;
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located , accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student;
- Have completed and submitted their application by the deadline; and
- Have the following forms completed and submitted by the deadline on their behalf:
- A Nominator Form-an evaluation of the student’s academic record, and;
- A Recommender Form- an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities.