Welcome to the Pioneer Telephone Vocational/Technical Scholarship. This is one of two scholarship programs currently offered by Pioneer. The other is the Pioneer Telephone Academic Scholarship. A student can apply for the Vocational/Technical Scholarship or the Academic Scholarship but cannot apply for both scholarships in the same year.
The Vocational/Technical Scholarship is an online submission only.
Application must be submitted no later than March 31, 2016 by 4:30pm.
IMPORTANT: There is no time limit to the application process. However, the application will not be saved along the way. Be sure to have enough time to finish it or you will have to start back at the beginning.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarship award.
The applicant must:
- be a member or an immediate relative of someone who is a participating member of Pioneer Telephone Cooperative. The applicant’s primary place of residence must be located within territory served by Pioneer Telephone Cooperative. The immediate relative may be a spouse, son, or daughter.
- be a current high school senior graduating in 2016
- have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- submit the online application showing:
- extracurricular activities, accomplishments, recognition received, hobbies, and jobs held
- career and educational goals
- provide electronic copies of high school transcripts through the first term of the current school year
- take the “open book” quiz
- be currently enrolled or applying for admission to Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC), Oregon Coast Community College (OCCC), or Lane Community College (LCC) for the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Applied Science
- One-year certification
All applications must be submitted by March 31, 2016 no later than 4:30pm.
To Apply Online: http://www.pioneer.net/vocationaltechnical-scholarship-application