The Far West Agribusiness Association scholarship program has been designed to provide outstanding high school and collegiate undergraduate students with a chance to pursue their educational goals in college. There are two separate selection pools, one for graduating high school seniors and one for current college students. Scholarships are one year in length and will be awarded in various amounts up to (and not to exceed) $1,000 per student.
Eligibility Requirements: Any full-time student from Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, or Nevada, and is pursuing an undergraduate degree from a college or university in the United States.
Application Instructions: An application is available for download below and must be received by March 31, 2016. Each application must include the following:
• Completed Application
• Three Letters of Recommendation from Non-Relatives
(1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 character reference)
• Copy of Transcripts (official transcripts are required if selected for award)
• Professional Resume (no more than 2 pages)
• One (1) 500-Word Essay: Pick two (2) from the five topics listed below and tell us how Agriculture should advocate for its industry. The 500-Word essay is to incorporate both selections into one essay.
“Agriculture faces many issues. Some examples are:
1. Water Quality Related Issues
3. Soil Health
4. Climate Changes
5. Social Acceptance of a Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)
Please mail the completed application packet to the below address
Far West Agribusiness Association
College Scholarship Program
5805 W Thorpe Rd
Spokane, WA 99224-5188
Inquiries may be made by calling FWAA office at (509) 465-5055 or by emailing email@example.com.
Application: FWAA Scholarship 2016