- The award is open to Benton County high school seniors.
- Seniors can submit pieces of their best writing in any genre–poetry, fiction, non-fiction, essay, short story, drama, comedy, translation. English translations must be accompanied by a copy of the work in the original language.
- Submit up to 10 samples that show your writing scope and interests. Writing must be the senior’s original work.
- If you wish you manuscripts returned, put sufficient postage on a self-addressed envelope and include with your submission.
- The award offers a cash prize of $1,300 and is sponsored by The Art Center’s Poetry Enterprises Fund.
- Deadline for all submissions is Monday, May 15th, 2017. Any entries received after that date will be returned.
Inquiries and submissions to:
- Linda Smith
- 471 NW Hemlock Ave
- Corvallis, OR 97330-3815
Emerald is offering five $1,250 scholarships to individuals who will attend college or utility industry career training. The scholarships are for senior high school students, current college students, returning college students and adults looking for second-career education or training.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Live in Emerald PUD service area or have a family member who lives in the service area
- Have a high school diploma and achieved at least a 2.0 grade point average, or GED
- State how their skills and area of study could be utilized by the electric utility industry.
Examples of careers include but are not limited to line work, power resources, energy management, communications, accounting, customer service, engineering and business. Scholarship applications are due by 6 PM, Monday, April 17, 2017 and recipients are announced in May.
We encourage all scholarship applicants to complete a job shadow.
Questions? Email us or call 541-746-1583.
Apply now for an EmPOWERing Scholarship.
All submissions must be postmarked by March 31st, 2017.
LCC Culinary Competition – April 29th
An appeal process and form is available for those students who started OSAC applications but were not able to complete their application due to the site being busy. The appeal form is available on the profile page of the OSAC scholarship application. Appeals will be accepted through March 31, 2017.