All submissions must be postmarked by March 31st, 2017.
An appeal process and form is available for those students who started OSAC applications but were not able to complete their application due to the site being busy. The appeal form is available on the profile page of the OSAC scholarship application. Appeals will be accepted through March 31, 2017.
AOL offers scholarships for high school seniors and current college students seeking a degree from a four year college of forestry accredited by the Society of American Foresters. These scholarships are available to children and grandchildren of AOL members and to others who wish to pursue a career in a forestry-related field such as Forest Management, Forest Engineering or Wood Science. You do not have to be related to a member of AOL to apply for these scholarships. Successful candidates will receive $1,500 per year, renewable for up to four years for a total of $6,000, subject to student maintaining annual qualification requirements.
- Be a graduating Benton County high school Latina (female).
- Answer the questions on the application form.
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
- Provide one letter of reference (not from a member of Altrusa).
- Reside in the Philomath fire District
- Successfully complete high school, or receive GED.
- Have established a GPA of at least 2.75
- If special circumstances or financial need dictates, the scholarship committee can waive the minimum GPA.