What does this mean for current Oregon Promise applicants?
Students who will start community college in 2018-19 will not be subject to an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) limit. Students must meet all Oregon Promise eligibility criteria and apply by the deadline. Students who graduate from high school or complete the GED® from March 1 – June 30 must apply for Oregon Promise by June 1.
Apply now! Learn more on the OSAC website.
Are you an Oregon State University incoming freshman who believes in the ideals of having a Sound Mind and Sound Body? Are you looking for a scholarship that recognizes your achievements inside and outside of the classroom? Sigma Phi Epsilon is offering a total of $4,000 for the Balanced Man Scholarship.
The Balanced Man Scholarship rewards students who have shown academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to their health and well-being. At the Oregon Alpha Chapter at Oregon State University, SigEp believes that recognizing students who demonstrate balance and all-around excellence is one way to promote this important idea. We are committed to helping our members develop the skills they need to succeed in the classroom, future careers, and everyday life.
The scholarship will be awarded to the applicants who can exemplify being a balanced man in their everyday lives, and the awards will be presented at the Balanced Man Scholarship Banquet during the fall term of 2018.
There is no requirement of joining the fraternity in order to be eligible to apply or win the scholarship. The application deadline is June 23rd 2018.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please don’t hesitate to contact the Balanced Man Scholarship Chairman, Ronnie Thompson via phone or email:
Also, for questions about recruitment in general, feel free to contact the Vice President of Recruitment, Oliver Price via phone or email:
WIN A $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP
Just create a video expressing #GRADitudeOR toward someone who has helped you stay on track for high school graduation, and you’ll be in the running!*
VIDEO CONTEST: 3 EASY STEPS
1. Introduce yourself, and tell us why you want to express GRADitude toward the person you chose. Make sure to include #GRADitudeOR.
2. Tell your special person “thank you” in a meaningful way! If you want ideas, watch some pre-made videos below.
3. Upload your video to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, use #GRADitudeOR in caption and tag The Promise of Oregon. Posts must be public to be viewed by the judges.
The contest is open to any public high school senior in Oregon. To receive the grand prize of a $1,000 scholarship, the winner must be a graduating senior and demonstrate enrollment in an institution of higher learning (post-12th grade) by Oct. 1, 2018. Entries limited to one video per social media account. Students featured by The Promise of Oregon campaign are encouraged to participate and enter a video.
When you’re ready to start the scholarship application, you’ll need to click the “sign-up” button in the upper right corner of the page.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have completed high school by Spring 2018
- Be enrolled in a 2 year or less career or technical degree/certificate program in Fall 2018 that will lead to employment
- Attend a not-for-profit secondary institution
- Demonstrate financial need; applicants must be Pell Grant eligible
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
To apply: application.horatioalger.org